AWS(Amazon Web Services) is a secure cloud platform that provides the services to create the virtual resource like VMs(EC2), storage(S3) ,databases(RDS) etc.
- AWS is the subsidiary of Amazon and that provides on demand cloud computing platform.
- Data centers across world are managed by Amazon.
- AWS comprised more than 90 services.
- Services are being used in many areas including computing, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management, mobile, developer tools, and tools for the Internet of Things. The most popular include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
- It also offer the service as REST API, anyone can write the code for Java,Node,.net etc to consume those services after security authentication.
How Services work in AWS:
User can execute the aws services through AWS Console or programmatic access like CLI to create the virtual resources in the data centers.
Market Survey of AWS:
We can see that still AWS is dominating in the market compare to Azure,GCP(Google Cloud Platform) and other cloud platform.
Service Comparison of AWS, Azure and GCP
Here we will specify the name of the popular services in AWS,Azure and GCP. Example: S3 is a storage service of AWS and same storage services is called BlobStorage and Storage in Azure and GCP.
|Lambda||Azure Functions||Cloud Functions|
|EC2||Virtual Machines||Compute Engine|
|EC2 Container Service||Container Service||Kubernetes Engine|
|Dynamo DB||Cosmos DB||Cloud Datastore|
|Elastic Beanstalk||Azure App Service||App Engine|
Advantages of AWS:
- Easy to Use: We can invoke the services and create virtual resource from few clicks only.
- Secure: We can encrypt the data while saving into AWS .
- Cost Effective: Pay what we use only.
- Dominant Market Position: We say in the AWS market survey, most of the companies are using AWS for storing and processing.
- Scalable: It can increase and shrink the infra as per the application demand.
- Handle large organization data as well.
That’s all I have and thanks a lot for reading. Please let me know if any corrections/suggestions. Please do share and comments if you like the post. Thanks in advance… 😉