What is, Why to, What are’s about Flutter ?
Cross-platform development is booming in the current scenario of the Application Development. There are many cross-platform development tools have been released released over the years. Some of them are, Xamarin from Microsoft, React Native from Facebook. Each toolset has its own pros and cons according to the consequences in the mobile industry.
The major objectives of Flutter(developed by Google) are fast development cycles, fast UI rendering, unique UI design, and native app performance on both android and iOS.
What is Flutter ?
As in Android you have each component as view, here in Flutter you have it as Widget.
In Flutter, widgets are not used just for the views of your app, but also for entire screens and even for the app itself.
In addition to Flutter learning you can also build application on Fuchsia platform, which is currently an experimental operating system in development at Google.
To build a Flutter Application you can run it on iOS Simulator(for Mac),or emulator(for Android).
What are the advantages of using Flutter ?
- Hot reload (The most important factor to use flutter) – It helps the developer to experiment the application in many number of ways without taking much time..
- Quality native Interfaces.
- iOS & Android app in quick amount of time.
- Single Language for layout and backend.
- Animations ( You can build beautiful animations in Flutter in quick time ).
- Easy to learn dev language for native developers.
Tools required to build Flutter Application:
- Flutter SDK
- Android Studio / IntelliJ / VS code IDE
- Xcode (to build IOS application)
..and that’s it, you are good to go with Flutter.
Flutter is Google’s portable UI toolkit for building natively compiled mobile, Web, and desktop apps using Google’s Dart programming language.
Flutter has the following major components:
- Flutter engine: Written in C++, provides low-level rendering support using Google’s Skia graphics library.
- Foundation Library: Written in Dart, provides a base layer of functionality for apps and APIs to communicate with the engine.
- Widgets: Basic building blocks for UI
Architectures used in Flutter :
As to build the Complex Application in a Clean way we need to use an Architecture as similar to in Android we have MVC, MVVM etc,
In Flutter, you have Redux, BLoC Patterns Architecture, Scoped Model. Generally BLoC(Business Logic Component) pattern in used as architecture In Flutter as it acts as interface between UI and Business logic of the Application which provide better understanding of the code.
That’s all I have and thanks a lot for reading. Please let me know if any corrections/suggestions. Please do share and comments if you like the post. Thanks in advance… 😉
Thanks Ajay Sharma for helping us to grow day by day. He is expert in app development and flutter.
In next article we are going to start the installation process of Flutter in Windows OS, Linux and Mac OS in Brief.