Need of Data Replication
Data Replication is the process of storing data in more than one site or node. It is useful in improving the availability of data. It is simply copying data from one storage to another so that all the users can share the same data without any inconsistency
Amazon S3 Features:
- It supports automatic and asynchronous replication of newly uploaded objects to a destination bucket in the same AWS Region.
- Supports Same-Region Replication (SRR) which replicates data in the existing region.
- Supports Cross-Region Replication (CRR) as well which replicates data across different AWS Regions.
SRR and CRR helps to deliver enterprise-class replication features such as cross-account replication for protection against accidental deletion and replication to any Amazon S3 storage class, including S3 Glacier and S3 Glacier Deep Archive to create backups and long-term archives.
Objective is to implement below features. Lets follow us to see.
- Cross-Region Replication(CRR)
- Same-Region Replication(SRR)
- Owners of the buckets must have regions-enabled for their account.
- Source and Destination Buckets must have versioning enabled.
- IAM Role with permission that will allow the Amazon S3 for replication.
Download the step by step process to build/execute the use-case.
Kindly comment here or mail us firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in case of any doubts. We will reach you as soon as possible.