Game development is the process of creating a video game. In this development sector the number of people needed range from single person to large number of people, it depend on how much resources is needed for making a game. Game Development society not only make games for entertainment purpose but it aim to tell the audience about old mythology, adventurous sense which in practical life is not possible to feel or explore .
Is it easy to make a video games ?
Well the answer is no because making video game is not a simple task as playing it , it needs a lot of hard work and dedication to make it . At a large scale it require a lot of employes in different department who can do different part of work required in making a particular game, we will discuss it later.
Basically it is a imagination of person into a real life which sound easy but not easy as much any beginner thinks.
Actors involved in making a game?
- Game programmer – Scripting is the most Important Part in Game Development which is short is known as coding. As in game if we make a player which is not able to move then what would be the reason to play the game. A game programmer is the one who do all the work like movement in player, collision of object, shooting or attacking on other player. Also they have good problem solving skills, algorithms.
- Game artists – They are the person who makes all the props which are used in the game like the background environment , player, cars etc. It can be done in 2D mode or 3D mode depending which game are we making for 2D modelling we use Photoshop, Illustrator , Adobe Flash . And for 3D modeling we use Autodesk Maya, Unity3D and 3DS max.
- Music composer – They create music and sound track for different part of the game.
- Social influencer – They do a kind of publicity of your work on social platform to increase the popularity of game across the globe.
- Graphics designer– They make animation of the player like moving legs , attacking with sword etc .
- VFX artist .
MOST OF THE GAME IS FULL OF IMAGINATION. THE MORE CREATIVE YOU IMAGINE MORE RESPONSIVE WILL BE YOUR GAME.
AI in Game Development?
You may be wondered how a player which is computer orientated shoot’s you or help you in the game, the answer is simple it is just because of AI Implementation.
Some of the famous games:
- CLASH OF CLANS
- CANDY CRUSH
- and many more..
Now let’s talk about the game engine that are used to develop games.
- Unreal Engine
- Unity-> We will talk about it in detail from the next article.
The leading game company are:
That’s all I have and thanks a lot for reading. Please let me know if any corrections/suggestions. Please do share and comments if you like the post. Thanks in advance… 😉
Thanks Mohit and Harsh for helping us to grow day by day. Both are passionate and expert in building the games through Unity and sound knowledge on AR development.
In the next blog we will talk about how to download the engines that we will use to make our games and other software which is also required to write the scripts and also why we use unity .